Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Take the "Federal Reserve note" challenge

Have a little fun and try this. For me, it was a challenge, but eye opening and provoked a different thought and attitude toward the "Almighty Dollar".
For one week, instead of saying dollars or cash, substitute them by saying "Federal Reserve notes".

How would you like to pay for that sir?...cash, check, charge, debit?
I will use "Federal Reserve notes" thank you.

Hello bank teller, I would like to make a withdrawl for one hundred "Federal Reserve notes" please?

Thank you for your interest in buying my used car, but I cannot accept your offer of 2000 depreciating "Federal Reserve notes"....

I know one thing, most people do a double take, or seem flabbergasted, or even ask what you are talking about when using FRN instead of dollars.
It really changed my perspective on our currency...made me see it in a different, realistic, and shitty way. Try it and see the type of reactions you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment